Monday, July 14, 2014

SUPER MOON, HALF ASLEEP

I am sure some of you have been through this before. It happened to me on one of those very early mornings, when I "sleepwalked" to the kitchen to get a drink of water hoping to catch a couple more hours of sleep, while simultaneously noticing things worth photographing.

It was morning precisely on July 13, 2014, the  night of a supermoon in place. Although, I have seen supermoons before, all very impressive, this time it was worth getting awaken.

An aircraft crossed the sky, leaving a contrail. The scene was just too perfect to miss. The moon in its best appeared rolling down the cloud. It took me a "minute" to get the camera settings right, remind you, I was half asleep. As I was shooting, the contrail slowly dissipated, leaving me happy and lucky to get up at that very moment.




Camera Setting:
1/25 sec at f / 5.6, ISO 320, metering mode - pattern (evaluative), focal length 420 mm
What is supermoon? Read about it in WIKIPEDIA




No comments:

Post a Comment